London Writers’ Cafe is one of the biggest writing groups in London (their MeetUp group has over 3000 members!). Writers at all stages go along to their regular, friendly meetings to get feedback and learn from fellow authors. Next Monday (27th April) I_AM Self-Publishing will be sponsoring a very special event called: Ask the Panel: Are You Ready to Self-Publish. The event will cover absolutely everything you need to do in preparation for self-publishing to make sure you get self-publishing right. Panelists will share tips on what writers need to know, followed by an hour-long Q&A session during which you can get specific advice on your own project. I_AM Self-Publishing’s director, Ali Dewji, will be on the panel in great company:
- Ali Dewji helps authors see the market from a commercial perspective. Now at I_AM Self-Publishing, previously at EMAP – one of the world’s leading magazine publishers – he brings a breadth of experience working with big brands to individual authors. Follow @iamselfpub
- Caroline Goldsmith as half of Red Button, Caroline is making great books and helping indie authors fulfill their publishing ambitions.
- Chris McCrudden, Midas PR, will be in to offer advice on pitching for reviews, getting coverage and interest from media and tips on promoting yourself and your work.
- Justine Solomons, the genius mind behind one of the city’s biggest publishing and author networks #bytethebook. What Justine doesn’t know about successful indie publishing could fit on a postage stamp. Follow @Bytethebook
- Andrew Lowe is a writer, editor and journalist. He’s written for The Guardian and Sunday Times, and contributed to numerous books and magazines on film, music, TV, sex, videogames, and the treatment and prevention of sports injuries. He divides his time between various rooms of his home in London. The Ghost is his first (self-published) novel, but it won’t be his last. Follow @andylowe99.
London Writers’ Cafe Event details:
Date: 27th April 7pm
Tickets: available here
Location: Shooting Star pub, 125 Middlesex Street, London, E1 7JF
Nearest station: Liverpool Street