There are lots of careful stages to eBook publication and it can be a tricky subject for authors with no experience of it to understand. Below we have broken down the I_AM Professional production process to show you exactly what happens at every stage from the moment we start working together to the moment you start selling books.
- Contracts are signed. You are given a production schedule, access to shared folders and enrolled on our online marketing course. Marketing starts NOW – do not wait until your book is published, get ahead of the game!
- The manuscript is edited and then proofread. At both stages time is factored in for you to go through any changes or suggestions with the team. Meanwhile, the designer works on ideas for the cover. You will see drafts and have the opportunity to give feedback on the cover concept before it is finalised. You should by now have the basis of a marketing plan in place and start to execute it.
- Files (eBook, physical book or both) are produced from the clean manuscript and approved design work. Proofs are created and delivered to you for sign-off. Marketing should have gathered momentum and would-be readers are hopefully excited about your pending release.
- The approved files go live via your chosen distribution method. Marketing should now be in full swing. You should have developed a solid author platform, be driving sales and starting to receive reader reviews.
- Your work sells and you get paid.
Pretty simple, but if you have any more questions please get in touch